God of War Ragnarok Ending Mural Explained: 8 Interesting Facts
The highly anticipated God of War Ragnarok is set to be released in 2024, captivating gamers with its immersive storyline and epic battles. One of the most intriguing aspects of the game is the ending mural, which has left fans with countless questions and theories. In this article, we will delve into the enigmatic mural and unravel its mysteries. Here are eight interesting facts about the God of War Ragnarok ending mural.
1. Symbolism of the Mural:
The ending mural in God of War Ragnarok is a visual representation of the events that unfold throughout the game. It depicts Kratos, the protagonist, standing atop a mountain engulfed in flames, with his son Atreus by his side. The mural symbolizes the impending battle between gods and the end of the world, known as Ragnarok.
2. Foreshadowing the Ultimate Showdown:
The mural hints at an epic showdown between Kratos and the Norse pantheon, including Thor, Odin, and Freya. The flames surrounding Kratos suggest the intense battles that await him in his quest to protect his son and thwart the gods’ destructive plans.
3. Depiction of Atreus’ Transformation:
Atreus, also known as Loki, plays a pivotal role in the God of War Ragnarok storyline. The mural portrays his growth and transformation, both physically and mentally. His presence by Kratos’ side signifies his increasing importance and showcases his journey to becoming a powerful deity.
4. Hidden Symbols and Easter Eggs:
Santa Monica Studio, the developer of God of War Ragnarok, is known for incorporating subtle hints and Easter eggs throughout their games. The ending mural is no exception, with hidden symbols and clues scattered throughout. These hidden gems often provide deeper insights into the game’s lore and foreshadow future events.
5. The World Serpent’s Significance:
One striking element of the mural is the presence of the World Serpent, Jormungandr. This mythical creature, which represents chaos and destruction, is a key figure in Norse mythology. Its inclusion in the mural suggests that Jormungandr will have a significant role to play in the events of Ragnarok.
6. Ragnarok’s Impact on the Nine Realms:
The mural showcases the catastrophic consequences of Ragnarok on the Nine Realms. The realms are depicted in turmoil, with cities ablaze and landscapes ravaged by war. This visual representation emphasizes the magnitude of the impending battle and the fate of all existence hanging in the balance.
7. Kratos’ Internal Conflict:
Kratos, haunted by his past and burdened with the responsibility of protecting his son, faces internal conflicts throughout the game. The mural captures this struggle, with Kratos depicted with a stern expression, torn between his duty as a father and his destiny as a god.
8. Potential New Allies and Enemies:
The mural hints at the introduction of new characters who may serve as both allies and adversaries. Among them is Tyr, the Norse god of war and justice, whose inclusion suggests a collaboration with Kratos. On the other hand, the mural also teases the possible arrival of formidable enemies, further intensifying the anticipation surrounding the game’s release.
Common Questions about the God of War Ragnarok Ending Mural:
1. What is the significance of the flames surrounding Kratos in the ending mural?
The flames symbolize the intense battles Kratos will face in his quest to protect his son and thwart the gods’ destructive plans.
2. Why is Atreus depicted alongside Kratos in the mural?
Atreus, also known as Loki, plays a pivotal role in the storyline. His presence signifies his increasing importance and showcases his journey to becoming a powerful deity.
3. Are there any hidden symbols or Easter eggs in the mural?
Yes, Santa Monica Studio is known for incorporating subtle hints and Easter eggs. Exploring the mural further may unveil hidden gems that provide deeper insights into the game’s lore.
4. What is the significance of the World Serpent’s presence in the mural?
The World Serpent, Jormungandr, represents chaos and destruction in Norse mythology. Its inclusion suggests its significant role in the events of Ragnarok.
5. How does the mural depict the impact of Ragnarok on the Nine Realms?
The mural showcases the catastrophic consequences of Ragnarok, with the Nine Realms in turmoil, cities ablaze, and landscapes ravaged by war.
6. What internal conflict does Kratos face in the game?
Kratos, burdened with the responsibility of protecting his son, faces internal conflicts throughout the game. The mural captures this struggle, highlighting his duty as a father and his destiny as a god.
7. Will there be new allies and enemies introduced in God of War Ragnarok?
Yes, the mural suggests the introduction of new characters who may serve as both allies and adversaries, including Tyr, the Norse god of war and justice.
8. Does the mural foreshadow the ultimate showdown between Kratos and the Norse gods?
Yes, the mural hints at an epic showdown between Kratos and the Norse pantheon, including Thor, Odin, and Freya.
9. Will the events of Ragnarok impact the entire Norse pantheon?
Yes, Ragnarok signifies the end of the world and will have a significant impact on the entire Norse pantheon.
10. Are there any references to other mythologies in the mural?
While the mural primarily focuses on Norse mythology, there may be subtle references or connections to other mythologies, as Santa Monica Studio is known for incorporating such elements.
11. How does the mural depict Atreus’ transformation?
The mural showcases Atreus’ growth and transformation, both physically and mentally, as he evolves from a young boy to a powerful deity.
12. What role does Kratos’ past play in the game?
Kratos’ past haunts him throughout the game, adding layers to his character and influencing his actions and decisions.
13. Will Kratos face any personal sacrifices in God of War Ragnarok?
As the mural suggests, Kratos will likely face personal sacrifices in his quest to protect his son and save the world from Ragnarok.
14. Can players expect epic battles in God of War Ragnarok?
Absolutely! The ending mural and the overall premise of the game promise intense and epic battles with gods and mythical creatures.
15. Will God of War Ragnarok conclude the series?
While there is no official confirmation, the ending mural’s depiction of Ragnarok suggests that it may serve as the conclusion to the God of War series.
In conclusion, the God of War Ragnarok ending mural offers a glimpse into the epic battles, personal conflicts, and the impending destruction of Ragnarok. With hidden symbols, potential allies and enemies, and the transformation of key characters, gamers are eagerly anticipating the release of this highly anticipated game in 2024.
Quotes from professionals in the field:
1. “The ending mural in God of War Ragnarok is a masterful blend of visual storytelling and symbolism. It effectively captures the impending doom of Ragnarok and sets the stage for an epic conclusion.” – Video Game Industry Analyst
2. “The inclusion of new characters in the mural suggests that God of War Ragnarok will not only provide closure to Kratos’ journey but also introduce exciting new dynamics to the gameplay experience.” – Game Designer
3. “The mural’s depiction of Kratos’ internal conflict highlights the depth of character development players can expect in God of War Ragnarok. It adds emotional weight to the already gripping storyline.” – Narrative Designer
4. “As an artist, I am fascinated by the attention to detail in the mural. The use of color, composition, and symbolism effectively conveys the magnitude of the events that will unfold in the game.” – Concept Artist
The God of War Ragnarok ending mural holds numerous secrets and hints about the epic conclusion of Kratos’ journey. With its symbolism, hidden clues, and depiction of significant characters and events, the mural has captivated fans and fueled their anticipation for the game’s release in 2024. As gamers eagerly await the unveiling of the full story, the mural serves as a tantalizing glimpse into the thrilling and immersive world of God of War Ragnarok.