A good portable record player can be a helpful device when you want to make a party just a little more unique.
If you want to add a record player’s cool, more universal sounds to any event, portable record players have you covered.
Our Top Picks
Here are some of the best portable record players you can get. When you search for portable record player on amazon, you will get many options, but some of them aren’t worth buying because they will break quickly and ruin your records. These are the best of the search results.
1. Portable Record Player Vintage: Victrola Vintage Portable Suitcase Record Player
When you’re looking for a portable record player that gives you modern functionality and classic looks, the Victrola Vintage portable suitcase can help you out. It plays all three standard record sizes so that you can listen to your whole record collection without a problem.
- You can pick your favorite color from their 36 different options.
- You can play your records or stream Bluetooth off of your phone, whichever is easier.
- It easily connects to external speakers, so you can play your records even louder.
2. With Bluetooth and Speaker: Crosley Voyager Vintage Portable Turntable
This Crosley portable record player allows you to use the best features of modern music technology with the classic and warm sound you can only get from vinyl.
When you don’t feel like finding the correct record, turning on the Bluetooth feature and listening to your favorite song is simple.
- Easy to Control Pitch right on the player
- Connects to Bluetooth for extra function
- You can augment the built-in speakers with easy-to-connect external speaker options.
3. Portable Functionality: Victrola 8-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player & Multimedia Center
If you still have CDs and cassettes that you like listening to, this 8-in-1 unit could help you enjoy all your favorites. The wood design helps make this modern marvel look classic so that you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
- Can play vinyl, CD, cassette, Bluetooth, auxiliary, USB, and FM radio
- It comes with a remote, so you don’t have to be by the machine to operate it.
- Wooden construction makes this stand out as a very classic-looking sound system.
4. Suitcase Portable: Feir Portable Suitcase Turntable
The Feir turntable is a mini portable record player, so it can come with you everywhere you want to enjoy your music. It folds up into a small design that is only a little bit bigger than a small laptop.
- Can connect to PC to record so you can make MP3 out of your favorite records.
- The compact design makes it very easy to carry with you.
- Easily connect to external speakers to enhance your listening experience.
5. Bespoke Design: Udreamer Portable Turntable
The Udreamer offers a classic look that is accentuated with wood paneling. Perfect if you want a portable player that feels like it would be right at home in a past era but still functional and fun for modern living, this record player works well.
- Made to look like a classic record player with wood paneling
- Footpads help reduce vibrations, so you get a better playing experience.
- The auto-stop switch can help protect your shorter records
6. Easy to Use: Wockoder Portable Turntable
The Wockoder takes many functions and automates them to make it an extremely easy-to-use system. Just put the item you want to play into the device, and it will automatically start the playback without you having to change the input.
- Lightweight design lets you move it around easily.
- Connect USBs and Memory Cards to play digital music automatically
- Allows you to record records onto your PC so you can make MP3s.
7. Classic Style: Byron Statics Vinyl Record Player
The Byron can take a lot of helpful features and put them into a tiny package. The high-end stylus head and well-built arm help improve sound quality without adding bulk to the unit.
- Light and compact design for easy portability
- Diamond stylus helps make playback better and protects your vinyl.
- Metal tonearm helps control vibration for better sound.
8. Matching Stand Included: Crosley Dansette Bermuda
When you want a portable record player that can appear to belong anywhere, the Bermuda is great. The matching stand lets you set it up anywhere you want to listen to recorders without taking up counter or desk space.
- It comes with a stand, so you can set it up alone.
- Vintage design helps this unit stand out for fun.
- The Bluetooth option lets you decide between songs from your phone or vinyl.
9. Battery Option: Jorlai Record Player
When you want a fully portable player, nothing beats a built-in battery option. The Jorlai player can work for up to five hours with each charge, so you can enjoy your music on the go, even if there are no plug-in options.
- It comes with a built-in rechargeable battery that can play for five hours.
- It plays both vinyl and Bluetooth to give you more choices when listening.
- It can connect to your computer so you can turn your favorite records into MP3s.
10. Most Customizable: Crosley Cruiser Deluxe
When you want your portable record player to show off your style, there is nothing better than finding the color and pattern that will work for you. On top of being fun for fashion, the Crosley Cruiser Deluxe sounds wonderful and can go wherever you want to listen.
- You can pick from 27 vibrant colors and patterns.
- Aux input and Bluetooth capability allow you to listen to different devices.
- Attaching larger external speakers is no problem, so you can listen to your music at higher power.
Are Portable Record Players Any Good?
Like most things, there is a wide range of quality for a small portable record player. You can get highly cheap ones that don’t work well, or you can get high-end quality ones that play great.
The one you decide to buy will dictate whether it’s any good or not.
Do Portable Record Players Need to Be Plugged in?
For most players, yes. Some units use batteries, but they are not very common because they tend to go through batteries very quickly. If a portable player on this list has a battery option, it is an important feature that will get attention.
Do Portable Record Players Ruin Records?
The real question isn’t if portable players can ruin records, it’s if cheaper players can, and the answer is yes. However, if you get a quality portable record player, you will be able to listen to your favorite vinyl without destroying them.
Look for a quality stylus made out of high-end materials that last for a very long time. These will help keep your records working right after each listen.